Friday, February 27, 2009

Flight 1549




I am sure that all of you have read accounts from passengers that were on Flight 1549. I have received so many through email but the one that I got yesterday was from a man that was supposed to be on the 5pm flight but got his flight bumped to the 3pm flight. This passenger was seated in row 8J.At the end of his first hand account he lists 4 lessons that he learned that day. I thought they were worth passing along...

For now I have 4 lessons I would like to share:

1. Cherish your families as never before and go to great lengths to keep
your promises.

2. Be thankful and grateful for everything you have and don't worry about
the things you don't have.

3. Keep in shape. You never know when you'll be called upon to save your
own life, or help someone else save theirs.

4. When you fly, wear practical clothing. You never know when you'll end up
in an emergency or on an icy wing in flip flops and pajamas, and of
absolutely no use to yourself or anyone else.

And I'd like to add: Fly with gray-haired pilots!

No comments: