Thursday, August 19, 2010

Loved.Eat.Pray.Love

I must say that I bought and read this book when it first came out and loved it! I knew that I would see the movie too, even though movies never do the books justice. I told my family that I would go to this movie alone, I wanted to see it that much. Kenzie told me that she would go with me, so on Monday afternoon I said we are going to Eat.Pray.Love as soon as I was off work. She "talked" her friend into going with us, and they were completely and totally bored out of their minds. They spent most of the time "facebooking" and texting on their phones. Good thing it was early and not many people were in the theater. About 1 hour and 45 minutes into the movie, the girls decided it was getting good! This is about the time that Liz, "Julia Roberts" is in Bali. I won't share any more details for those of you that might want to see it!

I loved this movie so much and there was a quote from the movie that seems to resonate with everyone that has seen it. "Ruin is a gift. Ruin is the road to transformation." I can really appreciate this because for the last 18 months parts of my life have been in ruins and ever so slowly I'm beginning to see the transformation (good) that has come from ruin (bad).







No comments: