Wednesday, October 28, 2009

We Are Switzerland, At Least For This Week!

In the tiny town I live in, it is once again time for our town to elect a Mayor. Not a problem right? Let me explain the logistics and then you might see what I am talking about. The current Mayor lives in the house directly to the North of us. The challenging Mayoral candidate lives in the house directly to the South of us. We are in the middle, we are neutral, we are Switzerland. We are friends or friendly with both families. Some of our neighbors have signs for one or the other on their lawns. We have none. These 2 ran against each other in the last Mayoral race and the neighbor to the North won and was re-elected for a second term.There were some election shenanigans that went on,and on election day things were a little crazy.6 days and my town will have new Mayor. Will he be from the North or the South?




Mr. North or Mr. South, which one of you will be our Mayor?



So I will "rock" my vote because



I love my town, I will vote! Always do!



Can I write in Pedro? It would be so much easier this way.



I will proudly wear my " I voted" sticker for that day.



Who will lead our tiny town? Can't wait to find out!

No comments: