Monday, April 26, 2010

YR 2009 Is Now YR 2010

Yard Renovation 2009 has now moved into Yard Renovation 2010. My own little landscape architect is already full of ideas and changes that will take place when the weather realizes the calendar says April and very soon to be May. Can Spring just stick around already? The Wednesday forecast...SNOW! Really? I mean REALLY?

Anyhow, a few Saturdays ago the boys were going to Maverik to get gas for the lawn mower and "found" these lovely treasures "by the side of the road". That's the story and we're sticking to it, so don't ask! The boulders, rocks, stones whatever you would like to call them, weigh a "ton" if you ask Colby and Andy, they just add the finishing touch to the front landscaping project.Only a few minor injuries occurred in the placement of said boulders.

My little landscape architect was just named Outstanding Sophomore, in the LAEP (landscape architecture environmental planning) Department for this year! Pretty sure this means that he will metriculate into his program.They only take 20% of the students after their sophomore year. He will know for sure if he is accepted into the program in June but I think the only Outstanding Sophomore wouldn't be denied, do you? He received his award at an awards dinner and ceremony at The Riverwoods! I couldnt' be more proud of my personal landscape architect. I love reaping the rewards of everything he is learning, even though he identifies every tree, shrub, flower and bush by their scientific name. We just look at him and laugh. When we were weeding YR2010 the other night he was even discussing the lack of "tap roots" in the weeds we were pulling! That's my boy!

Just a few pics of some of the tulips. I went out to take the pictures when the sun went down and I didn't know that they close up at night! Who knew? The colors are still gorgeous and totally make me smile when I pull into the driveway!






1 comment:

Veronica Tyler said...

Can he/they come to my house? I hate my rocks, I want them gone but I have no idea where to start! Awesome job on the recognition award!