Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Over The Stormy Sea

These are just a few of my favorite images from Andy's time spent in the West Indies. I found this talk that Elder Bednar gave on missionary work and I love the part about watching friends enter the waters of baptism. Andy was fortunate to be a part of his new friends baptisms in the Caribbean Sea. I love when our phone rings and we can tell it is an international call from the Trinidad, and the sweet voice on the other end asks "Is Elder Croft home?". What an influence my son was in these peoples lives!

"Our full-time missionaries are having increasing success in all parts of the world in bringing souls into the waters of baptism.Our missionaries are trained to teach the gospel, to teach in an orderly, inspired manner, which hopefully leads to baptism. To a missionary, every hour is precious and must be productive. Do you realize missionaries baptize about one person for every 1,000 homes they tract? The Lord will bless your efforts. You will witness friends enter the waters of baptism.The lives you touch may forget what you said, but they will never forget how you made them feel." -Elder Bednar-

One of the hymns that was sung at Andy's mission farewell was "I'll go where you want me to go".
I love the words, and Andy was definately called to go to the "Sea" so the words to this song were so spot on. What an amazing mission Andy served. The West Indies people and Andy were very lucky to have each other.

I'll go where you want me to go, dear Lord,
Over mountain or plain or sea;
I'll say what you want me to say, dear Lord;
I'll be what you want me to be.

It may not be on the mountain height
Or over the stormy sea,
It may not be at the battle's front
My Lord will have need of me.
But if, by a still, small voice he calls
To paths that I do not know,
I'll answer, dear Lord, with my hand in thine:
I'll go where you want me to go.



No comments: