Monday, November 23, 2009

Puppy Percoset Anyone?

10 days ago the 4 dogs were upstairs playing as they always do and we heard this "yelp" from Bella. Instantly she would not walk on her right rear paw. She cried all night long and as soon as the vet opened I took her in. The first question they asked me was "How much are you willing to spend to fix her?" Rude! Don't you think? They told me she would have to be sedated for the x-rays and they would call me when they knew what exactly was wrong. When the vet called she gave me the good news first, no surgery and nothing was broken. Bella had dislocated one of the joints in her paw and ruptured a ligament. She will be in a lovely splint/cast for 2 months. The vet will need to change it every two weeks. They sent her home with pupply percoset for two weeks.This is how she feels on puppy percoset.I am happy to report that she is almost back to her old self. She can jump on the couch again and do the stairs in record time. She definately is not letting this keep her down. The Diva is Back!




No comments: