Thursday, November 5, 2009

Elder Croft Arrives In Trinidad

A week or so ago I said I would be posting emails and pictures of Andy's time spent in the West Indies. I thought then I would just kind of jump all over the place, but I decided that I would post emails and pictures in the order they actually took place. I have been reading through his emails this morning and it amazes me how I can just get lost in his words and the feelings that I get again as I read them. Maybe, I need this experience all over again right now, and I hope you enjoy it right along with me.

Andy's first picture after arriving at the mission home in Trinidad. Mission President Dorenbosch and his wife.



Here is the group of Elders that arrived in Trinidad with Andy.



We actually received an email from President Dorenbosch before we got one from Andy.

Hi Sister Eagar,

What a wonderful young missionary you have sent us! We had the chance to hear his testimony and feel of his strong spirit in the devotional we have the first night the new Elders arrive here. We are excited to be able to work with him and we thank you for helping him prepare himself for his service here in the West Indies Mission. We also want to send you a couple of pictures we took when Elder Croft arrived here. He arrived with wide eyes and a big smile and was anxious to meet his new companion, Elder Gainer, and get to the area where he will be serving.

All the best,
Pres. & Sis. Dorenbosch

This is the first email we received from Andy in the West Indies. This was honestly one of the hardest times of my entire life, and yet it was also the very best. By starting at the beginning you will see and read how a young man grows and develops into an amazing missionary and man. We couldn't be more proud of Andy's two years of service to the wonderful people of the West Indies. Let the journey begin...

Hello mother, this is your wonderful son Elder Croft. Today is the first day i was able to email. Last Monday was my first p day but it was carnival so we weren’t allowed to go to town. President Dorenbosch should have emailed you a picture and given you my new email address. Everything is wonderful here in Trinidad. The people are amazingly nice. I wasn't expecting it. I already have my first baptism coming up on this Saturday the 11th. I can't wait. It is a young girl. In all there are her and her four sisters getting baptized. It’s going to be awesome. Mom I love you so much and am thankful for all that you have done for me. You’re the best. I will email Kenzie and you every week .So check your email every Monday and there should be something from me. My companion is Elder Gainer. He is from Knoxville Tennessee. He is awesome we get along great, although sometimes he drives me crazy; but oh well, it’s good for me. I can't believe I have already been gone for over a month. Oh you need to fill out my calendar and mail it to me with everybody’s birthdays on it. I need everybody’s email addresses to. I just wanted to let you know that I am doing well and am having a blast. Let me know how everything and everybody are doing. Any new snow yet? It’s so hot down here, it’s hard for me I get tired fast but I will get used to it. I love you mom, write back asap.

Love, Elder Croft

1 comment:

Veronica Tyler said...

I'm loving the email thing... much better than waiting for letters! It is fun to see how much they grow up!