Wednesday, March 31, 2010

So Many Ways To Say It

Au revoir, adieu, adios, arrivederci, auf wiedersehen, bye, bye-bye, cheerio, good-by, goodby, good-bye, goodbye, good day, sayonara, so long...But it must be said.
I am not a good patient. I have for many years not followed medical advice from a multitude of Dr.s, I have been told over and over and over "You must STOP drinking Diet Coke and other flavors of carbonated YUMMINESS. Your kidneys CANNOT handle it." Have I listened? A few times, once for about 9 months. Other than that, notsomuch. I think I just got a $12,000 wake up call from the 5 days I just spent in the hospital. (actual amount of bill for said visit is yet to be seen).

So I am NOW listening to medical advice. I am not getting any younger and I want my kidneys to keep working for awhile, make that a long while. It has been 13 days since I have had ANY Diet Coke. I have been drinking lots and lots of water. I don't mind water, but I crave Diet Coke. I think about it when I drive to work, remembering the detour to Chevron for the fresh cut lemons. When I walked into Shopko with Kenz on Monday and there were pallets of DC stacked right by the front door, taunting me.

The cravings will take some time, however there is this magic pill, I was introduced to in the hospital. A baby blue wonderful pill. On Sunday when I was in the middle of caffeine withdrawal, and had the headache from you know where, the nurses gave me Lortab, Percoset, Motrin, and Tylenol. None of which even touched the headache. My nurse Mindy, who is my Bishop's daughter said "There is this pill, let me call your Dr. and see if he will let you have it!" Thank goodness he did, because 20 minutes later the headache was gone. So every 4 hours I take the magic pill and NO caffeine withdrawal headache! Yeah! I'm gonna kick this "addiction" once and for all! Words of encouragement are appreciated! :)





1 comment:

Brooke said...

GOOD LUCK SHERI!! You can do it!