Thursday, March 5, 2009

Happy Birthday to My Dad and My Kids Grandpa!


It was my dear Dad's Birthday yesterday and I was so busy working on that gym goal that I forgot to pay tribute to him in a post. Yes, I did call and speak to him, but they are still in AZ. and will be home on Saturday. (He is having carpal tunnel surgery on Tuesday, I think we should start calling him the bionic man, ankle, shoulder, wrist etc.) Now if we can just get my Mom to have her knee replaced then they both will be in tip top shape.
I couldn't ask for a more generous, thoughtful and wonderful Dad. He is the best Grandpa my kids could ever ask for. He is such an example to his family and it is so cute to see him down on the floor wrestling with the little grandkids and hanging out with the big grandkids. He always makes Bear Lake so much fun and no one can beat his homemade ice cream, or mashed potatoes and gravy!
He is always a phone call away if I "think" I have termites in my decorative trees, I have a whole bottle of laundry detergent leak onto my carpet and turn it a lovely shade of pink,he is there when I need anything big or small. He has started to retire a litle bit and I love all the funny emails that he sends me.
He supports my kids in all they do,dance revues,church ballgames,any sports my boys did he was there. He wrote encouraging emails to Andy when he was on his mission.He is there to provide advice and impart wisdom.

Happy 68th Birthday!!

We wouldn't trade you for anything

No comments: